Saturday, January 29, 2011

Update...

Okay people it has been way too long since I blogged so I guess you could say that's a warning!!! ha. I hope you have all enjoyed this awful weather in Northeast MS because I for one have despised it! I hate cold weather to begin with, but now that we have NO grass around our house it is a soppy mess. Literally!
For those who are considering or will ever consider building a house....don't! Let me rephrase....good luck! I will NEVER do it again. NEVER NEVER NEVER! When you pick your house plans out, you get so excited; and then when the contractor quotes you your price and you learn that you are within your budget, you get even more excited! But...it is all down hill from there. I'm not saying that I am not pleased with the outcome of my house, but I know now what I wish I would have done differently...like maybe knocked some of the 2 x 4's down while no one was looking to make my laundry room bigger! ha. I guess you live and you learn though. I sure did....and I still am because we still have NOT closed on the house. Probabaly won't for a while...it's always something...
Anyways, back to the weather and mud...Zack and I were going to lay sod down after the house was complete but then the rains came and then winter struck and well you see it just could not happen...But it will now! I so cannot wait until days like today are everday! There is still mud everywhere (well everywhere except the spots of rye grass that grew) but it isn't as bad as it usually is. I just can't wait to actually have flower beds and landscape and well...just grass!!! Now you see where my income tax refund will go. I told Zack we needed another kid so we could get more money back, but he wouldn't listen.
I mean there is NO telling how much those people with 6 and 7 kids get back. That is if they are not on welfare, which most are. One guy last year got back like $8,000 back...I know this only because he called his wife or woman or whoever he referred to as "baby" to let them know and I was walking into the tax building. I could do a LOT of damage with that kind of money! ha
Okay so this is my lastest update on school....it is awful!!! I wanted to say an ugly word but I refrained from doing so. You know I have NO idea how those women I went to nursing school with could come to class, clinicals, and even study when they worked fulltime and had kids at home. I admire them really because this married woman with kids is only on her second week of school online and these teachers are CRAZY. Or maybe I am CRAZY for taking so many hours...For example...in this history II that I am taking, she assigns these Reading Guides or Learning Guides (whatever they are called), every week on Sunday. (You get all your other assignments too that day). Anyways, and after reading her syllabus and course info, I assumed that you fill these questions out and turn them in every week by Wednesday. And so I did the first week along with the other requirement, and I made a 100. Now these 20+ questions took me 3 days and nights to complete because you had to write nearly a paper on each. Well this past week we had more reading guide questions and a paper to write. Now at this point, I am thinking that I am really going to drop this lady...However when I went to turn my stuff in, there was only a place to turn the paper in...Okay so I thought I just misunderstood. It turns out that you don't turn those stupid questions in....!!!!! They are for your reference only. My reference??? They will now be referred to the garbage! I was so mad!! I even emailed the teacher and attached the questions to let her know how hard I had worked on them! She told me I was totally confused...Well I did not respond because I would have said something very UGLY! But I still made a good grade on the paper. She probably just felt sorry for my totally confused self!
Enough of that...I have about 3 more papers to write plus some test to complete tomorrow by midnight. When will I do it? Tomorrow at midnight. Why? Because I would rather blog! And plus Ella Kate has the stomach virus..GROSS! We had it all the week of Christmas (all but Zack) and now Zack got it Thursday and EK got it last night while she was at grandmother's house. Poor baby. She tries to feel better but her little eyes look so weak. She is now doped up on tylenol and phenergan so the virus should leave by the time she wakes up tonight!! I am debating on whether to go sleep by her but...I guess I will work on this bunch of busy work...that is all it is...busy work. Thank god for momas who teach English though!! I could not have made it without her last week and this week! Hey, she needs practice on what to prepare her high schoolers!
Adam Russell Prentice is now a DADDY! And from what I can tell he is doing a VERY good job at it! This baby is precious. Hope you all can see these pics. They were taken from my phone so sorry if they are blurry...
Jaxson Clyde Prentice

Proud daddy Adam!



Three men and a BABY! Love this

Adam and Jimma and baby Jaxson

1 comment:

  1. Oh.... How I love pictures of sweet baby newborns! So glad I found your blog!!! I've been crying my eyeballs out reading your posts. I'm sure you know which one in particular. You know how special your family is to me and my family! Can't wait to read your next post! Keep the pictures coming of Barnes and Ella Kate!

    That's soo awesome that you are going back to school! My hat is off to you! HOW DO YOU DO IT? If anyone can, you can!

    ReplyDelete