Friday, January 14, 2011

Change...

Okay so up front...just to let you know that Anna Kate Nelson is officially enrolled back in school!



 FROM http://satnexschool.isti.cnr.it/images/School%20Bus%20-%20Cartoon%207.jpg

Yep, I'm crazy...
I have told myself that before but now as I sit here thinking about the two days I have left of sanity...I am really believing it this time! I am going back to school for my master's. PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT AND PRAY FOR ME NOW!!! Ok, thanks, I needed that. Anyways, I have some classes that I need to get out of the way before I am actually in the program so I am hoping these aren't so bad...It has been way too long since I was in school so I am a tad bit nervous....

For example, yesterday I went to buy books...Five hundred dollars for four books!!!! OMG are you kidding me?? I think the woman at the register read my mind by my facial expression because she said "Will you be purchasing all of these?" Luckily the government gave me a little moo la for these online classes so I politely replied "Please only use my financial aid money until it runs out!" Ha. I felt like a little freshman on her first day of college. But I did get all my books except one which was ordered and I was only out about $35 so I did pretty well. I guess it helps when you change jobs that doesn't pay you anything but time off with your babies! Ha.

I got tickled as I walked out of the bookstore when this young guy looked at me and said "You makin' a nurse?" Notice the language...uh yea. My moma would have stroked! I guess he figured that because I had just gotten off work; I was tired; no makeup; scrubs on and my glasses barely hanging on my nose as I pushed them up trying not to drop my 300lb purchase of books I just made. Yea, I looked like that lost little freshman girl! I replied to him "Little guy, I am in fact a nurse already and have been for a while; I am going back to get my master's, what about you?" He kind of smurked but I bet he felt real big and bad after that because he didn't respond. Geez... do I look that young??? Don't answer that!! I bet people think I am babysitting when they see me with my babies. O well....

Anyways, I plan to get my master's in nursing and practice as a nurse practitioner. (I HOPE)! That is my goal at least! I just have to finish before 2015. I should be done December 2014! Ha...That is cutting it close but I shall make it!

Back to change...I hate change. Hate it, despise it, just hate hate it. In the past 3 years I have gone through so many changes that now...even though I still hate it, I have learned to deal with it. Sometimes it is for the best...Anyways, I started a job at the Planning and Developement District here in Booneville as a Case Manager back in September. At that time, all I knew was floor nursing. But this time I thought changing jobs would be best for me as a mother. And it was, for a few months, until I decided I needed another change. Apparently God did too because an opportunity came available to me and I could not resist by any means. So in two weeks I shall start my new job. I am very excited to get back to something I love.

Another change that my family and I are going through is our new home...we have been in it since the end of July but it still seems new at times. We have changed from 3 different houses in the last year...yea...I am glad this is the settling point! It will feel more like home when I get my flowerbeds and grass and well you get the picture...then I will have everything perfect! Right now my home is with my family. That is the most important part. I tell myself everyday..."I am going to organize and finish unpacking and settling in...", but I end up just messing up more rooms with this toy store we have here! I know these moments won't last forever so I will cherish every minute. Tonite I told myself that I was going to put my babies in their own beds, in their own rooms...well...they are still right here beside me and they aren't going anywhere tonight! I just can't give in...One day they will be too big. One day it won't be cool to be around me. But tonight is not that one day and I am keeping it that way!!!   

Even Zack snoring....uh!!! I'm guessing he will be on the couch in a few! Ha!

Good night all!
AK

No comments:

Post a Comment