Monday, February 28, 2011

One of Many....

Today I filled out Barnes' first Tball registration form! Okay, I cried the whole time...Talk about one sad mommy! My baby is growing up way too fast and I don't want him too! I mean I do, but deep down inside I want those sweet innocent arms to wrap around me every night and tell me how much he loves me and those sweet kisses right before bedtime...I just want that forever. However, I have to snap back to reality and realize that it cannot be that way forever....
I don't know what made me think of Tball today but it just so happens that the form was due this week and since his father was supposed to be on the watch for the deadline....(as you can tell I'm being sarcastic)....anyways, well he missed the announcement. Go figure, right?? But I took care of it. Now...if Zack can only remember to be on time to his games....we shall see! 
I was so excited to tell Barnes about it when I got home from work tonight! And he too was so excited! He said "Me? Pway baseball? With my cleets? And glove and bat?" It was so funny!
Just a second ago we were saying our "I love yous" and giving kisses before bed (note: it is almost 12 am...yep...at least tomorrow is my short day!) Anyways, he said "Mommy, you watch me pway baseball? And then he woke Zack up to ask him "Daddy, you come too?" It was priceless! I cannot wait until I see that little blonde haired boy running the bases. And now more tears....sorry...this is HARD! What will I do when he starts Honey Tree this coming fall? I guess my meds will have to be increased ALOT!! But this too shall pass and I will enjoy every minute of it...crying or not!!


2 comments:

  1. Oh Sister...I see where you are coming from! These little ones are getting too big too fast! ... oh, and the Honey Tree...I can smell the copier now. You remember? The one that they rolled by hand and the copies were purple? Oh how I loved Honey Tree! So glad Barnes is going to get to enjoy that also! Wish Hughes could go to the Honey Tree with Ms. Lisa! :) We do need to get these babies together to play. Maybe this summer we can all get together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I feel so old but I remember Honey Tree like it was yesterday! Of course I do...I was the cry baby who wouldn't wear her cap and gown because I looked like a boy...yea that was me! ha! Yes def this summer when Wiley is big enough to come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete