Thursday, July 21, 2011

Inspiration...

I read an article today that brought tears to my eyes.... A friend from Booneville is married to a man and shortly after they were married, he was diagnosed with a brain tumor. She shared an article from her blog about everything that had happened. Right now he is learning his numbers again. Can you imagine? Genie Alice (my friend and the wife) had said how frustrated he was getting when he could not write the number nor say it. She shared some other stories that have just inspired me to be a better mother and a wife. I have sort of been in her shoes wih my daddy and while reading her article, flashbacks kept popping in my head. But the tears I shed this morning has also inspired me to be a better nurse. I have recently changed jobs to be a hospice nurse. So far I love it! I think my experience with my daddy had a lot to do with this career change. I hope that I can only be the best nurse I can be.
Genie Alice stated that God was telling her that she needed to share her story and the only way she felt she could was to blog. She has a blog and I will try to post the link. This young lady is so courageous and kind. She said it was difficult to see people with children knowing that her plans for children were not in the picture now, but she knew that God will show her the way. I guess the purpose of this blog is mainly for me to just write down my feelings right now. However, I want to challenge each of you or whoever reads this to never take for granted what you have. I know I am starting right at this exact momment.
I have muh more to catch up on on here so I will definitely be blogging tonight. This is hard to do on my phone! Hope you all have a nlessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment