Sunday, May 22, 2011

Checkin' In

Well....I thought I was going to get to blog in peace, but I was wrong....very wrong... As I sit here in my pjs (the same pjs I put on after church today) Ella Kate is sitting in my lap saying "hold me, hold me". However when I plopped her prissy tail up here she only wanted to mooch off of my diet coke and green beans! Now she is saying "I see, I see" (see the computer). Notice that she repeats herself twice. Now multiply the word "passy" minus the P times about a thousand and see what you get! My answer is "CRAZY"! Or that's how I feel when she says it over and over again until she finds the exact passy she wishes for. She is so dramatic! But she is so funny! I want another baby like NOW and she tells her daddy all the time, "baby, baby"! I can't wait!

Anyways, lots to tell about our lives here lately. First of all, I want to say that Zack, the kids, and I have officially joined East Booneville Baptist Church and I am SUPER excited! I fell in love with this church the first day we went. I feel more and more welcome every time we go. And Barnes and Ella Kate love going to Sunday School. That is the one thing that means so much to me. Barnes was actually hesitant when we started Sunday school. We had just been attending Big Church for about 4 months and we sat in front of a dear couple that immediately made us feel so welcome. They are the Beasley's. They have probably been married over 60 years. They remind me so much of Moma Tom and Pop. (speaking of, please if you read this keep Moma Tom and Pop in your prayers. thank you) Back to the Beasley's, Barnes loved them and hugged Mrs. Liz's neck every Sunday (even the first time we went!). He said "She looks like Tom"! I knew God had brought us there for a reason. It turns out that Mrs. Liz was Mr. Jimmy Scott's (a dear family friend that has past away recently) sister. I knew I had seen her before. It was when I took care of Mr. Jimmy in the hospital that we first met. So long story short, one Sunday I saw Mrs. Liz come in with a bag full of kid's drawings and of course, Scooby Snacks. I then asked her if she taught Sunday school and she told me she had been teaching for over 40 years! We talked and then she asked Barnes would he come to her class. She taught 4 year olds and at the time Barnes had just turned 3, but she insisted he come and Barnes told her he would. The next Sunday we went to her room and he ran in and she picked him up like he was her own. I about cried. She is the sweetest lady I know and I hug her every Sunday for helping Barnes learn about God and caring so much for him. I just LOVE her! Ella Kate enjoys her class too. She will move up soon from the nursery but I know she will enjoy it.

We attended Booneville's Relay for Life at the beginning of May, and had TOO much fun! It is a sad event, but I wouldn't miss it for the world. I wish I had a recording of what all Barnes sais about my daddy that night. It was so sweet. I will post pics. The sweetest thing about the night was Barnes and Mrs. Liz. I am not sure what kind of cancer survivor she is, but Barnes spotted her out while they were making the survivor lap and he ran to her. It was the sweetest moment. And of course she picked him up and hugged him! I will post a picture! I think I spent over $50 that night on spray paint faces, mohawk hair, 4 jumping houses, food, etc but I wouldn't have it any other way!

This is from Barnes, EK, and Jackson


Barnes getting "sprayed up"!



Mrs. Liz and Barnes! We love her so much!

Barnes running after Mrs. Liz....priceless!

What she does best....eating!
Tball is in full speed now. We have played two games and ...... well it wears me out! There is NO purpose in Tball besides kids jumping on top of each other trying to get a ball. Might I mention these kids are on the same team! And my son of all people just wonders around and could care less! I don't know what his deal is. I think he is just bored. O well, I think we will skip next year and go straight to Coach Pitch! Here's a few pics though.









As you can see we stay busy busy busy around our house! I wish I could share lots more but I have got to get these sleepy kids in the bath and off to bed.... They have had NO NAP today so you can imagine how ill I am! I will try and blog again tonight when kids go to bed...key word TRY!! That is if I am not dead asleep myself! Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment